Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Some Conversation Pointers

Today, Gretchen of The Happiness Project posted helpful tips on conversation skills. There are only eight so I recommend you take a few minutes to check them out.

I personally strive to be a good listener. It is a top ten in my list of essential skills. Conversing is an art and a quality I admire in other people. More and more, I find myself frequently trying to improve in this arena. I usually do my best to anticipate and understand what is not being said, as I feel it is just as important as the words being spoken. As I discovered today, working on this craft requires perpetual effort, yet not effort in a negative way. I think the effort is worth it in order to be better. I appreciate her tidbits and could not think of a better time they could come in handy.

No comments: