Friday, October 03, 2008

Recycle, Recycle, Recycle

Friends, who knew?!?! You can recycle your own sneakers with Nike who then uses them to build playgrounds and courts. Just drop them off at a participating store or send them here:

Nike Recycling Center
c/o Reuse-A-Shoe
26755 SW 95th Ave.
Wilsonville, OR 97070


To find out more about their awesome "Let Me Play" Campaign, check out their website.

Also, did you know you can recycle your Sonicare toothbrush's battery at Radio Shack? According to the company, these brushes only last 3 to 5 years depending on the model. When yours kicks the bucket, take it to Radio Shack for recycling.

If you don't have a sonicare toothbrush, I HIGHLY recommend them. Best toothbrush ever. You'll never go back.

For more tips on being green, check out my friend Eden's blog here.

3 comments:

kristen said...

Awesome!

Real Simple also has a GREAT guide on how to recycle anything. I didn't even know you could recycle most of these things!

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/0,21770,1835098,00.html

cupcake said...

I just read that too! Great article. I was surprised at some of the stuff too. Who knew!

Gawky Green said...

Omg that's so cool! I should have done that instead of throwing mine over a electricity line in front of my old house after I graduated.

Thanks for the shout out chica! Are you in Michigan yet? Play date!