Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My awe of all cool things artsy or sciency

If you have not traveled to or through the Detroit airport, I recommend you do just to see this very cool hallway:



The rather lengthy underpass that connects terminals is lit up with various hues and set to funky music. It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in an airport. I am always enthralled by such displays of imagination. They also have a water fountain that looks kind of like spitting contests. I was not the only person mesmerized by the water shooting up and out, as plenty of passengers were talking pictures.

I have always been fascinated by such marvels. The Boston Museum of Science never fails to amaze me. There is something so cool about how other people think up such creative and quirky things. Another example is the New York City Waterfall Exhibit . Olafur Eliasson was commissioned to do the "art" work. The idea seems pretty neat and the pictures are kind of cool. I wish I could check it out in person.

No comments: