Friday, September 12, 2008

BigStar is kind of a big deal...

Some of you might remember my friend BigStar, also known as my former roommate from many moons ago before Miss Cupcake ran off to South America. Well, we used to sit around drinking margaritas and gin & tonics discussing what we were going to do with our lives. BigStar made an unwavering declaration that she was going to meet Kenny Chesney. I was still aimlessly gathering myself but knew I was going to Ecuador. Many a nights were spent watching "My Father the Hero" and "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" in our spacious living room overlooking the Scarborough marsh as we sat patiently waiting in anticipation of what was to come. Fast forward nearly two years later and turns out not only has big star MET Kenny Chesney, but she is now running her very own famous country music blog, Country Music Is Love and interviewing opening acts on Kenny Chesney's tour bus in Indianapolis. Yup, she's kind of a big deal now. After spending many nights yammering away, I kind of thought she would be, so my congratulations to her for making it all happen just as she said :)

3 comments:

Ross Douglas said...

Way to go Bigstar. Yay!

KB said...

That is awesome. I'm a bit jealous!

Country Music Is Love said...

Yay, thanks Rach...this post made me smile!! Crazy how things can change in 2 years, huh?! Two years ago, you had just moved in to the madness...seems like so long ago, but I think about it often. Making dinner, making WAY TOO STRONG Margarita's (but drinking them just the same!), watching movies, making our 'vision wall'...good times my friend, GOOD TIMES!