Tuesday, August 05, 2008

my legs have wings

Every time my feet hit the pavement, it is as if they have a mind of their own. They carry the rest of me for what seems like an incredible amount of time for not working out that much these past 11 months. I have no control over how long they will pound the pavement or how far they will carry on. Yet, my mind appreciates the reprieve from all that plagues it lately.

The first part of the run is down the sandy driveway onto the desolate private road on which my parents live. Only four houses exist on the half mile stint while the rest is wilderness that is until I get to the main road. For that half mile, I am enveloped in the most glorious smells and sounds. I want to inhale as long as possible so I can never forget the sweetness in the air as it hangs so delicately yet potently all around me. This is my favorite part of the day...

No comments: