Thursday, August 21, 2008

Interesting Fact in Travel

Today, I was reading the February 2008 edition of Budget Travel when I discovered a neat fact in a random article about a road trip down the Mississippi Delta. According to the article, there is a museum in Vicksburg called the Old Court House Museum that houses an exhibit of a .58 caliber lead bullet "that was said to have impregnated a woman when it passed through her womb. The soldier who fired the shot reputedly did the honorable thing and proposed." (written by Reid Bramblett & banner picture from their website.) I might need to see this display.

My question is, what do you tell your child? Sure beats the stork story.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Are they saying that there was sperm on the bullet that actually made her pregnant? That's just crazy...

Sounds like she didn't want to admit that she was doing the nasty when she wasn't married.

cupcake said...

I have no idea how the science works on this one dear. I think we should take a road trip to find out. It might be on the way to Memphis...

Ross Douglas said...

Sadly this has been proven to be total bunkum by Mythbusters inc, Warriors of truth! (Ok so that's not the actual name of the show but I reckon they missed a trick there.)