Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Best Question I've Been Asked So Far...


Right before I left Quito, I ran into my friend Pete in La Mariscal. He was in town on a promotion from Volunteer to Assistant Director of the Program (Go PETE!) and having dinner with his family who came to visit him. He invited me to join them. Since they were eating at my favorite restaurant in Quito and he happened to be one of the coolest volunteers in our program (of course right behind his darling, Ella, who I adore as well), I accepted. We all talked for awhile about their travels through Ecuador and our experiences living there. Then, Mr. D. asked me a question I cannot seem to get out of my head, "So, who will you be when you go back?" He smiled a very large smile and patiently waited for my answer. I didn't have one because I was shocked and intrigued by all the possibilities he just brought to my attention. Honestly, I had not even thought about it, yet now that my month of traveling throughout the U.S. is coming to a close, his words are super-glued to my mind.

Who will I be???

While I am still working on her, she is slowly crawling out of her shell and so far, I like what I see...
P.S. Thanks Mr. D :)

1 comment:

Dowdi said...

cute picture