Friday, May 09, 2008

The Wedding

Saturday, May 3, I attended one of my best friend's weddings. The morning was dreary, grey, and completely overcast. I thought for sure it was going to pour and they would have to move the event inside. However, one hour before the ceremony began, the sun came out as if on cue, which allowed the guests and couple to enjoy their big day unencumbered.

As soon as I arrived, I went into the stone building to look for Bethy. For some reason, I just had to see her one last time before she became Justin's wife. I wanted to see her last moments as the Bethy I knew before she embarked on a wonderful life with her new husband. Her sister, gorgeous in her lovely pink dress, showed me upstairs where I found my friend. She was absolutely stunning and calm as a cucumber. I nearly burst into tears when I hugged her. She was jubilant, sure, and as lovely as could be. I wished her luck then returned outside.

The ceremony was near a small pond on a lovely piece of property in Villanova. The landscape was impeccable and gorgeous. The actual nuptials were short and sweet and the bride and groom beamed with joy. I couldn't ask for anything better for my friends. The cocktail hour and reception were equally stunning. The food was good, and I have to admit I am a fan of the stations at weddings. Holding true to themselves, there was a sushi station in addition to the traditional food served up for such occasions. The desserts were absolutely divine and the band was fun. It was such a great evening. Of course they followed up the wedding and reception with a room at the local pub for everyone to enjoy. Unfortunately, I missed Luke Wilson, but some of the other guests were able to sneak a peek. A movie was being filmed in the area and he happened to be celebrating at the same pub. I didn't stay out long because I had to get up early for a flight, but I was able to spend some time socializing before throwing in the towel on my trip to the U.S. I greatly appreciate the opportunity I was given to attend the wedding. It was such a pleasure to be part of Justin and Beth's special day. I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves in Nevis :) Congratulations and best wishes.















1 comment:

Ross Douglas said...

Glad to see you had a good time at the wedding and have cheered up considerably.

One question though... Who's the hottie in the red dress?