Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Flashback 2007...


I stole this from Allie who borrowed it from Red.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I moved to Quito, Ecuador for a year.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions?
I do not believe I made any last year. I was too busy hiding in the farmhouse cursing Mr. Houdini and trying not to freeze to death.

3. What countries did you visit?
Ecuador

4. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
This is hard, right now all I can think of is a bath....

5. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 4th because I realized I could do just about anything if I survived those three hours.
One night in August because I will never forget the look on his face.
August 21st because it was my last day of miserably sitting in a cubicle in the corner.
August 25th because my bestest friends threw me the most amazing going away/early birthday party I have ever had. I still dream about it.
September 2nd because I landed in South America.
December 25th because I drank shots of piña colada with the abuela.
December 31st because I drank shots of rum and coke with the abuela.

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My blue/green belt in karate, and making it to Ecuador.

7. What was your biggest failure?
Let's just say I am stupid when it comes to boys. I can't help myself apparently.

8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ummm, did I mention the colony of amoebas my small intestine hosted? Oh and a brochncial infection that just won't go away. I was also deathly ill in March with god knows what kind of flu.

9. What was the best thing you bought?
Ginger ale. Don't even laugh. It was the best day of my life.

10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Allie with her big move, Whit with her new job, and all the people who donated to my cause. I humbly thank you.

11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mr. Houdini

12. Where did most of your money go?
World Teach Ecuador Program and on gin & juice to deal with the stress.

13. What song will always remind you of 2007?
If you could read my mind.... The Killers

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier
b) Thinner or fatter? Gordita!
c) Richer or poorer? hahahahahahahaha MUCH poorer, especially since the Ecuadorian Government is now withholding my measly stipend. It has been two months since I have seen any money at all.

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
relaxed, saved more money, said no, spent more time with friends, and enjoyed my life as it was

16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying

17. How did you spend Christmas?
Like I said, drinking shots of piña colada until 5 am with the abuela, please see below :)

18. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No

19. How many one-night stands?
That would be zero.

20. What was your favorite TV program?
October Road, Grey's Anatomny, El Gourmet Argentina, & Law & Order: Criminal Intent

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I am disappointed in two people but I don't hate them.

22. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I heart Harry. I kind of miss you buddy.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Postal Service, Xavier Rudd, and Something Corporate

24. What did you want and get?
To go to Ecuador. Thank you Allie.

25. What did you want and not get?
Donations to pay for all of the volunteer trip.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
A Good Year, I know it wasn't of this year, but I watched it this year.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was illegal to drink because of the elections in this country so we stayed in and learned to play cards with the host fam. We also ate Kraft macaroni and cheese and played Monopolio, no it is not a typo, it is just in Spanish.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Selling my car before December.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
There was none.

30. What kept you sane?
My friends and lots and lots of popcorn.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Diego Luna

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Environment and Global Warming

33. Who did you miss?
Everyone

34. Who is the best new person you met?
Ashley, Brooke, Joel, Liz, and Jefe

35. Tell us some valuable life lessons you learned in 2007.
Don't worry, it all works out, even if you need a table for 52.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Leave the bourbon on the shelf, I'll drink it by myself." The Killers
"I miss you in my life...." Xavier Rudd (My Missing)

5 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

Oh Diego...how I heart Diego!!

And can we please rewind to #19? Zero? ***coughpooltablecough***

Ross Douglas said...

Even I remembered the pool table incident. Sheesh.

INRE: 22. JK has stated she may write another Harry Potter book.

INRE: 36. Those two line could almost be relatd to each other. If this is the case I offer you a hug, a good listener and a large bottle of rum to drown your sorrows.

cupcake said...

I do stand by my number zero. I had nothing to do with a pool table or on it for that matter. Seriously people, what do you think I am a hooker? Despite my destitution, I have not resorted to that yet.

Ross, you would like Xavier, you should check him out.

lindsay said...

hey rach...sounds like you're doing well. miss you a lot love you! -linz

cupcake said...

CHECK YOUR EMAIL DEAR!!! Gosh Linz, glad to see you're alive love. I have sent you so many emails!! I can't wait to see you. Let's talk soon.