Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What the heck!?!?!

I permitted myself to leave the house on Saturday once I finished reading. My friends were out watching the local 80s cover band once again at the light up dance floor bar in town. I joined them shortly after 11. We chatted up a storm and danced for a bit until Allison asked me if I read the epilogue. I stopped dead in my tracks and almost went running out of the bar. Instead of panicking, I stayed to spend time with my friends despite my deep desire to go straight home, plop down on my bed, and finish the last bit of the book. How could I forget to read the epilogue?!?!?! I suffered through a few songs until the band played the silly "Take My Breath Away" 80s song, which prompted most individual dancers off the floor. An interesting man approached our circle and asked me to dance. I accepted against my better judgment because I desperately needed a distraction from the final chapter calling from the corner of my bed where the book rested. Small talk ensued while we shifted through a crowd. After the song ended, he excused himself. Allie pulled me aside and asked if I noticed the ring on his left finger. I looked at her and said, "He was married?" She said yes and pointed to the couple standing a few feet away from us dancing passionately. Really? Yes, the male who just asked me to dance was standing no less than 10 feet away dancing with his wife. Ok...well did I miss something? If one is married and his wife is at the bar with him and he's not trying to hide the fact that he's married, why ask me to dance? Why not dance with your wife? Honestly, I was fine dancing with my friends. It did not take long for me to leave the bar slightly baffled yet on a mission. Things like this make me think I'd rather stay home with my books.

No comments: