Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Official, I quit.

Monday was an exceptionally exciting day for me. I handed in my letter of resignation, as it is time for me to leave my post in the corner. To say I was unhappy in my position with the company for which I am working is an understatement. (Sure, let me bill someone, somewhere, for a project about which I have no idea an unidentified amount of money over ‘that’ period of time…You mean you want me to be telepathic? Was that in the job description? By the way, quarterly means every three months.) Needless to write, greener pastures await me in September. One of my bosses is out until Thursday, therefore, he still does not know. I hand delivered the letter to my other boss while he was sitting at his desk. I waited for him to turn around but he just said 'thanks' so I left. The entire event made me want to throw up a little, yet not because I did not want to leave or I was worried about what the future holds. My anxiety surfaced because I have no experience abandoning a well paying (but horribly mind deadening) job for a volunteer position in a developing nation. The next adventure into which I am delving is still ruminating through the walls of my heart and mind. Fortunately, my swells of anxiety vanished the second I walked into the office this morning where I was greeted by another easily avoidable mess. WOOHOO!! I am officially a grown-up. I think…well I pulled up my big girl pants at the very least. YAY!!

What a relief I will feel on August 24th. It has been a looonnnnnggggggg two years.

4 comments:

Allie said...

YAY!!! I wish I was as brave as you to pick up everything and do such a wonderful thing for a year.

Ross Douglas said...

Fill us in then...

To which nation are you headed and what is it you're going to be doing when you get there.

Shesabigstar said...

Congrats! I know how much you hated that job...so this was a great decision!

cupcake said...

Thanks guys!

Ross, I'm heading to Ecuador for a year to teach English for World Teach. Very excited! YAY!