Tuesday, June 26, 2007

“I was a little bit famous for two days.”

I dropped KB off on Sunday and headed to Chipotle to cheer myself up with a burrito. I ordered a sizzling veggie fajita burrito stuffed with a tremendously exciting amount of goodness. I relished in half of it and saved the other half for lunch the following day. I wanted to prolong my joy for as long as possible. It worked.

After dinner, I arrived home a little deflated. BigStar greeted me and eagerly requested details of my lovely weekend. I gave her an overview of our fun then sat at the computer to distract myself. I was stunned to discover my blog was directly referenced at the end of Joe Morgenstern’s Wall Street Journal Online column about movies. At the bottom of the article is a link to “blog posts about this topic.” On Saturday and Sunday, mine was RIGHT THERE. UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!! I was so excited I could barely believe it. I started dancing around the room and made Erin take a picture!!


Holy cow I was a little bit famous for two days. The link was to my “Foreign Film Frenzy” Post. It is still there, but under “More Related Content” then click on “more.” Holy cow, I’m flabbergasted and quite humbled. YAY, Miss Cupcake!!

Ok, I’m back now. I recommend checking out his column. I have read a few reviews since discovering it this weekend. I enjoy his insight and honest opinion. I look forward to viewing some of the movies he recommends.

Don’t forget to watch “Trois Couleurs” people. I told you they were good!


(P.S. To help with the confusion about the hair. It has been short for six months now. Remember? And worry not, it was only straight for two days and now is back to its usual unruly curly self. Apparently, BigStar thinks I look like I'm 13. Great. But who cares! I was a little bit famous!! Now go watch some of those movies!)

3 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

You do look young...very, very young, but you say that like it's a bad thing! When we're sitting on the porch drinking our Margarita's and I look like leather from years of tanning, the locals with think you're my grand-daughter!

cupcake said...

Hahaha. You are too funny. We are going to have so much fun!!

Allie said...

Yay for you! I know a famous person!!!