Sunday, May 27, 2007

On My Best Behavior...

I spent an hour in the car waiting for my uncle to pick up the speed so I could get home in time to meet my friends at the bar with the light up dance floor where our favorite local 80s band was playing. Allie and Amanda entertained me with updates every 10 minutes or so. Finally, we rolled into my house around 11:30 p.m. My phone rang as I unlocked the door to run in to get ready to leave. I answered without looking because I thought it was Allie. You can imagine my shock when it was yours truly a.k.a. Mr. Houdini. He asked how I was and then asked what I was doing. I told him I was good and off to meet my friends. He proclaimed I was not going to meet my friends, but instead was going to his house because he wanted to see me. I told him he was rather audacious to even suggest it. He replied rather passive aggressively I didn't have to if I didn't want to. Oh really...

I told him I was on my way. I finished up at my house and dashed out. He called twice while I was in the car on the way to town. I told him I'd call him when I got close to "Club 104" then I headed straight to the bar to meet my friends with no intention of locamoting to his party (oh yeah, NO). Of course, he never called to inquire about my disappearance, which I expected. Allie, Amanda and I spent some quality time rocking out until the band wrapped up their set. I thought about heading to 104, as I should have brought the fire ants to his bed, but instead I returned home. I decided I'm done. I've had enough disappointment in the romance department to last me a lifetime. I'm playing for keeps. There has to be something better than this...

I just keep thinking, he's away...

P.S. I'm a little disturbed by seeing one of the Libby boys dancing rather strangely in cut off jean shorts...it's one thing to have a high school reunion every time you mingle at a local watering hole, yet quite another to have to watch one of your former school mates dance freely wearing THAT...

3 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

There IS something better than this...YOU!! You are worthy of so much more......

cupcake said...

Why thank you.

Chris said...

Good Work!!