Friday, May 25, 2007

Noteworthy Movies from This Week

This week, I had the pleasure of watching three good movies.

"Catch and Release" was an interesting take on a romantic movie. I gratefully thank Amanda for letting me guess what happens next through the ENTIRE movie. I liked it.





"Volver" is a Pedro Almodovar movie starring Penelope Cruz. I'm a HUGE fan of his. He always has some strange and disturbed piece in his film, however, he brings it together quite well. His movies usually confuse viewers in the beginning, yet the facts slowly unveil themselves by the finale, only to leave you in awe of his work. I highly recommend watching this film.



"Children of Men" was the choice for movie night last night. I was excited to see this film, as I thought the premise was intriguing. The movie was so suspenseful and believable it hit too close to home. I think the three of us were on the edge of our seats for the entire film. It was powerful and well done; another must see.

2 comments:

Rambler said...

nice, now I have almost narrowed my choice for tonight's movie, I guess I may end up watching catch and release.

cupcake said...

Aloha Rambler,

How did the movie work out for you?