Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have a confession....


Last night, for some unknown reason, I let "The Bachelor" have a two hour "vice grip on my soul." There, I admitted it. BigStar and I sat in front of the TV completely exhausted and dying to go to bed, however we could not remove ourselves from the assumed positions until we found out which girl goober Andy picked. I had not watched one episode of this ridiculous show until then. As BigStar said, "only in America can you cheat on a girl and be a hero. As if it's ok." Quality programming people; just stellar.

I have to say I wanted Tessa to win. Hands down, She was the better person. Erin correctly pointed out Andy touched Tessa more affectionately than he did Bevin. Plus, he told Tessa he loved her, which was not the case with the other girl, as she told him. Oh and let's not forget the homemade artwork. Yes, some of us are smarter than we look. Of course she'd win with a creative edge like that. The depth with which we analyzed the show is slightly embarrassing. "Reality TV" such as this is kind of like a train wreck, you cannot help but stare. I'm just glad it ended how I wanted so I did not have to spend the "rest of the evening pissed off." Although, I have to admit he could have done better with the ring. Something more like:

this fiercely sparkling wonder. But as I wrote, Andy is kind of a goober.

When we finally were able to extract ourselves, BigStar's only comment was, "I like how the people at the Bachelor tried to throw that song right in there like I wouldn't even notice!!" while she hummed all the way to the bathroom. I'm not sure who was more entertaining BigStar or the show.

I unabashedly admit I will watch the one hour whatever you want to call it bit tonight about the two of them. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I DO NOT WATCH TV!!! It's so bad it's hysterical. I am considering signing up just for the fun of it. Oh please can I compete with 24 other women over a basically cheating man whore. Sign me up for some of that!

Ok so maybe I really want Andy and Tessa to live happily ever after.... I blame Disney. Maybe I won't watch the special tonight after all...

4 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

I have one thing to say...actually, let me rephrase that...I have one thing to SING:

"LOVE LIFT US UP WHERE WE BELONG, WHERE THE EAGLES CRY, ON A MOUNTAIN HIGH, LOVE LIFT US UP WHERE WE BELONG, FAR FROM THE WORLD WE KNOW, UP WHERE THE CLEAR WINDS BLOW"

Seriously people, it sounds much better when I sing it live. Just ask Cupcake.

cupcake said...

It sounds even better when she doesn't have anything in her teeth either.

Shesabigstar said...

Just puked a little right in my mouth on that one...thanks for that!

Don't ask people, just don't ask!

cupcake said...

I don't know why, but the first ring I put up there really pissed me off. It's so weird. I've never before been angered by an image. I'm glad it's over though. Phew...much better.