Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Famous Artist, Gretchen Gammell

I have so much to write I don't even know where to start. I spent last week in California with my loveliest friend Kate, where we ate brownies and drank wine during lunch almost everyday. I promise I will write about my amazing week soon (I am very sad to be missing cupcakes with peanut butter frosting right now, which just aides me in plotting my next trip). In the meantime, I want to introduce you to a girl with whom I went to high school: Gretchen Gammell . She has work in the Attic Gallery and the Windsor Gallery. My two favorite paintings of hers are:



"A Grievous Wait"



"My Heart is a Jungle"

Isn't she fantastic?

2 comments:

Stargazer said...

Wow! Your friend's paintings are amazing. Thank you for sharing. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog :) I am trying really hard to say positive things all the time and it's scary now that I pay attention to how often I feel negative. I am countering everything crappy I think about with something positive...and it might just work cause yesterday I won a free lunch for 12 people! Have a great day :)

cupcake said...

She gets better every time I get a glimpse of her work. I'm in awe of her talent!

I was kind of amazed at how the idea about feelings was so simple. It makes complete sense now that I've read parts of the book. I hope your good luck keeps on rolling!