Monday, April 09, 2007

Mr & Mrs. Smith


I would just like to preface this opinion by first explaining I am not a fan of Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie. I'm completely apathetic to their existence with the exception of the movie "Mr. & Mrs. Smith." You people were holding out on me! Seriously, I LOVED THIS MOVIE. I also unabashedly commend the affair Brad and Angelina had. After watching this film, it was more than clear they belonged together. I will never again write anything like this regarding adultery. I guess I could just understand why it happened.

I would like to thank Allie for putting up with me while watching this film. I have a tendency to act like an 8 year old when I watch movies I REALLY REALLY LIKE. When the opening scene of the film indicated the location was Bogotá, Columbia, I was beside myself with excitement. I knew nothing about the movie other than the fact Brad and Angelina were in it. I immediately announced one of them was an assassin or a spy. I believe I received the first "Ssshhhh!" right then.

I could go on and on about how great this and that was, but when it comes right down to it, I loved the movie because I want to be a spy, and I think almost any girl I know wants the man she marries to tell her she "looked like Christmas morning" because that is the greatest line I've ever heard (even though it came from Brad Pitt's mouth). Seriously, "you looked like Christmas morning." Does it get any better than that? Talk about wow. I also enjoyed the scenes where they were shooting at each other, and I particularly enjoyed the noticeable difference in Mr. Smith's behavior regarding his wife as soon as he found out her true identity. One would hope such information would be disclosed before they wed, however, I'll make an exception about complete honesty in this instance. The movie was good without being indulgent. I was very impressed with both actors' performances and found the majority of the film entertaining. I definitely will watch it again very soon.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'm a big fan of the scene when Brangelina break the mirror while having sex. Nice...