Monday, March 19, 2007

Updates on Mice and Basketball

I now feel confident enough to pat myself and Big Star on the back for we have not had mice since Wednesday night, which is when we set 18 traps in the garage and all of which are still EMPTY! That is lots of days with no mice. I'm feeling good. Nice work! (Phew).

While I'm disappointed Villanova lost in the first round, I am going to take a moment to brag about my standings this weekend in the ESPN pool. Yup, I was number 7,335 and in the top 99.7%. That might not seem like a high number, but considering over 1.2 million people are participating, I'm a little excited. Can you say WOOHOOO!!!

I would also like to take this moment to discuss the announcers for the games. THEY ARE AWFUL!!! Seriously, I'd like to write a letter to CBS declaring they need to have different commentators. I almost turned the games off because I could barely listen to the idiots say, "Well, if someone could score they would be doing so much better." YOU THINK? I mean really...

It's too bad Jerry Remy doesn't venture out for March Madness. I'm pretty sure he's the only sports announcer I can stand.

7 comments:

Chris said...

I totally agree, sports commentators just aren't what they used to be. Consider this excerpt from a bowling match. "Well, Bob, he missed the strike on his first ball, so he really needs to try to pick up the spare"

No kidding!

cupcake said...

You watch bowling on TV?

Shesabigstar said...

My personal favorite came from the Villanova game the other day..."You know Bob, if they could get some rebounds in the basket, they'd score some more points." Really? Is that how the game works?

cupcake said...

I'm thinking I enjoyed it when you looked up from the computer and said, "honestly, I could do his job".

Ross Douglas said...

I myself also have a profound loathing of commentators as stupid as the ones on TV.
There's one commentator that whenever he speaks I immediately begin saying "Shut up." over and over again until he does what he's told.
Revenge will be mine though... I have plans to go to a live event upon which he will be commentating and intend on standing next to him with a bullhorn repeating "Shut up" until he gets the idea or I'm dragged away by security.

Chris said...

Smartass. No, I don't watch bowling on TV. I don't even watch bowling in person. But nevertheless, I did manage to catch that soundbite!

Shesabigstar said...

Wow Ross, you seem to have taken the dislike for commentators to a whole new level. Over here in Red Sox country we would appreciate it if you would do this to a Yankees announcer.