Wednesday, March 14, 2007

HELP ME SAVE MY DOJO!!!

On Friday, I received a letter in the mail, which informed me that my beloved DOJO was closing. This could not be? My heart sank and I almost started crying right in the middle of the post office. I read the letter twice. I could not imagine life without Northern Chi. Seriously, it's family to me. I spend five or six days a week there. I love the place so much I refuse to let it go.

The scoop is one of the principle partners is leaving to move abroad. She was very important to the little dragons and Kokoro programs, which make up two-thirds of the business. THERE IS A SIX MONTH WAITING LIST TO GET INTO THESE PROGRAMS. Clearly, it's profitable. The main issue is the time. Another partner and Sensei are needed to take over the vacant job. This is a very small time commitment of 25 hours or less a week, yet it is very important.

I am on a mission to find an investor and/or an instructor. If anyone out there wants to be part of the community and make some money while doing it, please send me an email. I cannot bare to see my favorite place close. It's worse than a bad break-up. I believe it's worth saving.

Help me save the dojo!!!

Your comments, suggestions, and overall input is greatly encouraged. This is very important to me.

(for more information, please contact cupcake via comments or e-mail)

3 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

Please people, help save the Dojo. With all of the anxiety going on in Cupcakes life, she NEEDS an outlet for it...and that outlet is the Dojo.

Chris said...

Sorry I don't know anybody qualified as a martial arts instructor. Maybe Cupcake is the most qualified. :)

Shesabigstar said...

That was my first thought as well. She's always looking for the next great adventure, so why not this? She's passionate about the dojo and she could put her creative energy to good use. I second the nomination for Miss Cupcake.