Monday, February 26, 2007

The Pursuit of Chap Stick...

Chap stick. It all started with a mad search for a purple tube of chap stick. In a desperate attempt to moisturize her lips, she rushed to the nearest pharmacy to find her favorite tube. She patiently perused the aisles in an attempt to fill her urgent need. She walked calmly and slowly around the store until she bumped into a very attractive male in uniform. He flashed a lovely and charismatic smile at her while removing his hat and inquired if she was OK.

"You look flustered..do you need some help?" he asked.

"No, I think I'm fine but thank you. It's just that I have this favorite chap stick for which I'm trying to find a replacement. I don't know where they keep the stuff in this place." She replied while looking around inquisitively.

He responded, "I'd be happy to look with you."

"Oh, that is nice of you, but I'm sure I can find it. Besides, I don't want to bother you. Have a good day!" She answered and wondered off to fulfill her pursuit.

After a few minutes of intense searching, she finally discovered the display behind the counter where she could purchase the right brand, however, not the correct flavor. She discontentedly began sorting through the other varieties in an attempt to appease her needs. She analyzed each and every tube until she was able to decide which would adequately meet her short term desire.
She paid for her chap stick and left the store. Upon departure, she ran into Mr. Smiles again.

"I've decided I will not take no for an answer. Come for a walk at the academy with me." He touched her elbow to guide her in his direction.

Slightly baffled and astonished, she followed without reason. They walked over to the Coast Guard Academy football field where they sat on a picnic table to watch the game.

Long after the football game was over, dusk fell on the field, which brought a conclusion to their mingling. Mr. Smiles stood up and said to her, "You do realize I am going to marry you."

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

This is the point at which I woke up. My roommate now believes I should start
hanging out in pharmacies. I, on the other hand, am just glad it wasn't another nightmare where I wake up ripping the ring off my finger because once again I married the wrong person. However, I find my pursuit of chap stick concerning. Is there a reason our dreams are so freaking weird? I mean I was just saying to "THE TRIANGLE" I was perfectly happy to spend the rest of my life eating Amy's chili and hanging out with my friends... Nothing like a creepy dream to keep you out of the local CVS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit it, you were secretly dreaming of Ashton Kutcher leaving Demi for you.

cupcake said...

I actually have not seen that movie yet. However, I'm not opposed to him showing up at the local CVS while I'm madly pursuing chap stick.