Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Because I Said So"


A couple of weekends ago, a few friends and I went to see this movie in the theater. Despite what critics said, we loved it. Yes, it's a girly movie, but it's definitely a good one. It's about a single mother who realizes her daughters are grown up at the same time she realizes she's getting older. The movie is dramatic, girly, hysterical, and cute. There are some valuable lessons one can take away from the film such as what mothers should and should not do and what girls should and should not do when in love with boys.

I thought Diane Keaton, "Millie's mom" was nuts. She played nuts well though. I love Laura Graham ("Gilmore Girls" is one of my most favorite shows ever, and my sister often tells me I'm like Lorelai minus the daughter), especially as the successful grown up daughter. Mandy Moore played the helpless daughter well ("Millie"). She was endearing and funny. I enjoyed watching her life unfold in a very unrealistic, Hollywood way. The highlight of the movie for me was Millie's apartment in Venice Beach. I LOVED IT. I've been trying to find one there since I saw the movie. I would happily move across the country to reside in such a lovely home. I know it's Hollywood/movie/not real, but still, I can dream. Minus the mom and the boy drama, I'd love to be Millie. She had a cool business (a caterer) and a fabulous home. Sign me up! Although, I will admit that I'll never think of Reverend Cameron the same...

Anyway, don't listen to the critics, girls, go see the movie.

No comments: