Friday, January 26, 2007

"Too Little, Too Late?"

In the safe wee hours of this morning, the question "Too Little, Too Late?" was posed to me. I've been thinking about it ever since I read it. I despise text messages because I think they are insincere, which means I try to avoid them at all costs. If I had an email address, I might write an email response, but I don't, and although I should call instead of writing here, I do not believe I should be the one to call considering my last two phone calls have gone unanswered. Oh, and my idea of "I'll talk to you later" is not 26 days (your rendez-vous with cupcake don't count). So Mr. Houdini, here's my response:

"Too little, too late?" ~ for what?

"Too Little" ~ Well, despite our very bizarre affair's brevity, the effort has always been too little.

"Too Late" ~ I'm not sure.

To be honest, I'm not exactly certain of what I think or how I feel about this. However, I do know this:

I'm not like most girls. I actually do not have a pressing need to know about your disappearance because frankly, I have too much experience with disappearing boy(s), which is why it doesn't phase me anymore. I have no fear of abandonment. I think I actually might have a fear of being surprised by someone who doesn't disappear. I require very little of the opposite sex: say what you mean and mean what you say, then do it. I also believe you already know the answer to your question and in that case, what do you think? How would you perceive the situation if you were in my shoes?

Despite your extremely odd and rather questionable and insidious behavior, I do like you. I would like to spend time with you. I would like to believe you are a good person. However, I don't want to play games here. Either you like me or you don't. Either you want to spend time with me or you don't; no matter how much or how little. So make a decision already. No matter what you decide, I'm a big girl, I can handle it. I just don't want to continue playing hide and seek anymore.

This probably should have been an official snail mail letter (my usual method of communication for important topics), and it definitely is a little too public for cupcake, but I felt compelled because I'm much better with words than I am with talk. Anyway, that is my two cents. My cards are now on the table.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put on my party dress for this evening's festivities.

~ Miss Cupcake

3 comments:

Chris said...

There is a lot going on in this blog... I'll sit this one out on the sidelines. Besides, you know what I would say anyway.

Ross Douglas said...

I'm intrigued...

It's nothing to do with me is it?

cupcake said...

Aloha Gentlemen,

Chris, I am not surprised. I actually was fearing your response. Worry not, I'm smarter than I look.

Ross, It is about a very strange situation that came about last month and has puzzled me since. Sorry dear, it has nothing to do with you.

I actually adore my online boys.