(from this fantastic blog I read.) Better late than never.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Traveled to Europe, ate Sushi, said no, walked away, stayed friends with a boy who kissed me, started karate, started a blog, made decisions, and learned to cook well.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions?
Yes, I only had one.
3. What countries did you visit?
4. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Gumption, otherwise known as MOXIE.
5. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 10, 2006, because I woke up in England.
June 30, 2006 because Meg was no longer my roommate
October 9, 2006, because I realized sitting in the rocking chair would never get me into the fort, no matter what I said or did.
October 31, 2006, because after 4.5 years, he was not who I thought he was.
November 4, 2006, because I realized I had everything a girl could need.
November 23, 2006, because my family is so wildly weird it’s entertaining.
December 31, 2006, because I learned boys can be punks.
All year long, because I have the best friends EVER.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My purple belt in Karate
7. What was your biggest failure?
Taking things personally
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than sparring bruises, none.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erin’s because she realized who she was and that he was not worthy.
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Some where in the ball park of $14,000 went to food and gas. No joke.
13. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” ~ John Mayer
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Much happier
b) Thinner or fatter? Much thinner
c) Richer or poorer? About the same
15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saving & traveling
16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Don’t even ask.
18. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No. (huge crush yes)
19. How many one-night stands?
Zero. That sounds like a bad DMB song, and they are icky.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
“The Biggest Loser” ~ I admire the people on that show. What courage they have.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone but I can say one person I never thought would ever fall from my graces, plummeted from his spot on my character tree. And I’m not a fan of a few others who probably know exactly who they are (I can see you reading this). Otherwise, I am a lover not a fighter.
22. What was the best book you read?
“The Time Traveler’s Wife” ~ Audrey Niffenegger
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
24. What did you want and get?
Peace of Mind
25. What did you want and not get?
An Answer. Oh, and a return phone call. (unrelated)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Trying not to get arrested and old enough
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It was a pretty good year, so nothing really.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
According to the lovely Mr. D, “limited”.
30. What kept you sane?
Bethy, Meg, Laurie, Lindsay, Erin, Amanda, Tim, Matt et al. I truly have the bestest friends. Oh and "Law and Order: Criminal Intent"
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The War in Iraq
33. Who did you miss?
Bethy, Kate, Peter, Kristin, Theresa, Johanna, Mariana, Dan, The Olsens, and shockingly, Dave.
34. Who is the best new person you met?
Matt, Lindsay & Andrew.
35. Tell us some valuable life lessons you learned in 2006.
Walk away when you have to. Don’t wait to do the things you want to; just dive right in. It won’t always be like this. Nothing is ever what you think it is. Don’t be scared. Take care of yourself. Take nothing personally. Just because it happened once before doesn’t mean it has to happen again. Live the life you’ve imagined for you only get one chance in life, so make the best of it. Never settle for a low “WOW” Factor. Lastly, There is time.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good” ~ John Mayer