Friday, January 05, 2007

Necessities for Ambiance



Yesterday, I stopped at the only Pier One Store in the state to pick up a Reed Diffuser. My old roommate, Meg, had one her mother sent her that I loved. I'm just now getting around to purchasing one for myself. I bought the cilantro citrus and the aqua. I cannot tell you how awesome my little corner smells. I placed the citrus cilantro in my office. I can't wait to get the aqua one in my bedroom. I HIGHLY recommend adding these subtle yet stimulating fragrances to your space. For someone (this girl) who is not a candle fan, the diffusers are a superior alternative. (I think they are better because they can be refilled and they don't cause fires. But I'm still keeping my fake candle.) A must purchase.


I also made two impulse buys. I bought two cd's: "Paris Train" and " 2 A.M." I know buying collections like this from random stores like William-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Pier One are a little risky because the music is unfamiliar, but I've found they are worth it. I bought the "Florence" cd from W-S last year and was not disappointed. Last night, I listened to the two I bought yesterday with my diffusers, and once again, was not disappointed. They were really cool, actually. I recommend them both. They add a little diversity and depth to your usual collection. There is nothing like some lovely scents and sublime tunes to enhance your surroundings.

No comments: