Thursday, January 25, 2007

Just When I thought Things Could Not Get Creepier

I should have known it was going to be a strange week when I feel asleep with the light on Saturday night. I've never done that before ever. I watched a movie, read a book, then, apparently forgot to turn the light out before I dozed. Oh, there is also the Patriots loss, which inevitably is why I was terribly ill Monday and Tuesday. (Not to mention the reason I'm boycotting the Superbowl, and why I'm in a fight with them.) All of that followed by the incident Tuesday night is just the preamble to why I must now lock my doors.

Erin and I live in a quiet wealthy New England town. Our house is on the water juxtaposed two beaches and two four diamond resorts. The road we live on is quite busy and quite curvy, i.e. not really friendly to the walker. However, this does not stop the Jehovah's Witnesses from breaking into our house. Yup, they waltzed right in and deposited their literature right on top of our washer. I guess they didn't exactly break in because we don't lock our doors, until now that is. We've never locked our back door, which brings this question to my mind, why were the Jehovah's walking around out back? Don't they usually come to the front door? I'm nervous now. I thought our neighbors were a little strange, but they are nothing compared to the Witnesses. Plus, it's one thing to come home and find your sister has "borrowed" your desk and shirts, yet quite another to find religious pamphlets on your washer. I think now I can justify the disaster in the play room, which is probably why they didn't venture past the laundry room for fear they might die trying to get to the stairs. This saddens me. I'm a big fan of living in a community where you can leave your doors unlocked. Now, because of the Jehovah's Witnesses, I have to lock my doors.

What next, a curtain in the bathroom? And you thought I was paranoid before...

4 comments:

-R- said...

That is freaky. Why would they just enter your house?! Apparently, it's not just you and the peanut butter forever. It's you, the PB, and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

cupcake said...

I'm not sure why they just came in. Maybe it was the sight of Ryan's pirate ship or Emily's ethnic cabbage patch doll in the doorway. Who knows. However, it's unsettling. I'm not sure I want to include them in the "forever" bit...that just means I'll have to share the peanut butter.

Chris said...

Screw them, tell them to get their own damn peanut butter.

cupcake said...

I forgot, it won't be me with the peanut butter or the Jehovah's Witnesses because there is a Porch Club! This makes me feel so much better.