Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Phone Call...

It's official, the World Teach Program based out of the Center for International Development at Harvard University called me yesterday to extend an invitation to join their program in Ecuador in March of 2007 as a volunteer. Of course, all of this is contingent upon meeting the VISA requirements but still, it's weird. It's real. It's in two months. I'm not scared. I'm not worried. I'm not doubting my initial decision to apply. However, I am wondering how I'm going to use my creative abilities to raise the money to go, how I'm going to find sponsors, who will take care of my mail while I'm away, who wants my magazine subscriptions until I come back, what is it going to be like, how on Earth am I going to tell my dad (the only person who doesn't know), if people will come visit me, if I'll make a good volunteer, where am I going to put all of my books, how do I write a letter of resignation, and if I can use my toothbrush while I'm there... The thoughts are reeling as I patiently ponder the implications of this adventure. I have three weeks to decide...should I stay or should I go....

No comments: