Monday, December 04, 2006

"Happy Feet"




Saturday night, I had the pleasure of seeing the movie "Happy Feet." I did not pick the movie and actually, knew very little about it other than the format was animated. I usually find entertainment in cartoons and animated pictures, so I was happy to indulge in this choice. "Happy Feet" was spectacular and hilarious. The premise of the film is about a penguin, Mumble, who does not fit in with the rest of his clan. There were three or four themes throughout the story, all of which came together quite nicely at the end. This movie was much like "Finding Nemo" in the sense that besides the obvious appeal to children, it is really a movie for adults with themes about love (the commitment-phobe penguin), being an outsider (wait until you hear him sing), and human interference with nature and how it impacts the global ecosystems. Most of us can relate to at least one of the issue with which Mumble has to deal. I have to say my favorite part of the movie involved Latin penguins and dancing. No one left the theater disappointed, as we all found the movie heart warming and comical. I highly recommend everyone go check it out. Expect to laugh.

1 comment:

cupcake said...

you can adopt a penguin at the World Wildlife website. One would make a great holiday present :)