Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas....

Do not ask me about my Christmas for I am glad it's over. I'll show you why as soon as I find the CD necessary to install software on my computer that allows me to transmit pictures from my PDA to the wonderful Adobe Photoshop. I can't even wait.

Despite spending Christmas Eve reading John Grisham's "Skipping Christmas," failing miserably at trying to make four different kinds of cookies because my kitchen is ill-equipped (Meg, I miss you), and eating an experimental trail mix I made for Christmas breakfast, a few good things did occur which made me happy:

1) When I returned from the grocery store on Christmas Eve, Princess Emily ran up to me to declare "I MISSED YOU!" followed with a HUGE hug.

2) My Aunt made me green bean casserole :)

3) I found a very pretty pink shirt in my closet. I bought it last year and for whatever reason had not worn it yet. (This gives a whole new meaning to "Strawberry Surprise".)

4) I found cinnamon chips at the grocery store on Christmas Eve. I can't even tell you how excited this made me (I know there is one person out there who knows exactly what this means). I filled my basket with as many packages as I could without looking like a glutton.

5) After attempting four different kinds of cookies (curses to the cream of tartar, sifter, and "paddle attachment"), I finally found a winner: Snickerdoodle cookies. They are dangerously good.

6) And best of all. Christmas morning I got to play with a modern day Lite Bright. No joke, it was the highlight of my holiday. Once Ryan, Emily, and I finished our picture, I took them to the basement, shut off all the lights, then very dramatically and slowly turned the Lite Bright to face them so they could get the full affect. It was fantastic. At the same time, the muchachos whispered in awe, "Wow." Beyond Priceless.

I hope everyone had a very HAPPY HOLIDAY!!

No comments: