Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Trees...

Saturday afternoon, I marched my roommate (very much against her will) and the muchachos to the Mobil Gas station to purchase a Christmas tree for the holiday. We pulled into the busy lot, evaluated all the visible trees, then had "Frank" grab a six foot pine from the tied up pile. We took a gamble that the tree would be a good one solely based on its height and that it would fit in my very small trunk. Luckily, our house was around the corner and the transportation went off without a hitch. I carried the heavenly smelling conifer up and around the driveway through the front door. The plain old pine found a new home in the corner of our living room. Once the tree was standing, unbundled, and fluffed, it was glorious. The distinguished scent of outdoors delightfully filled our living room. One would have thought I was five years old again as I jumped around with joy. For the first time in four years, I had a Christmas tree. Unfortunately for Erin, the roles were reversed when it came time to decorate. I do not know why I was so reluctant to participate in the festivities of decorating and lighting, but once the lights were out, and the shiny ornaments were delicately laid on the floor, I was moved to participate. I am quite proud of our Christmas spirit this year. It's very nice to be involved in the holidays again. Oh, and our tree looks awesome. YAY! Happy Holidays!!

P.S. I highly recommend the two-toned lights. They add a nice new dimension to the tree.

2 comments:

Erin said...

You need to post the pic from your phone!!

cupcake said...

I need to find the cable that connects my phone to my computer. Don't worry, I won't miss an opportunity to embarrass myself :)