Saturday, November 11, 2006

dinner, a movie, and dancing...


I forgot Cuba in my list of places to go. I definitely will visit Havana at some point in time, a not so secret fascination of mine, which was only fueled by my HOT date on Saturday night. For the first time in seven weekends, I found myself home of which I took full advantage. I made a fabulous dinner, drank a bottle of Italian wine - I highly recommend the Villacerrina Italia Montepulcianco D'Abruzzo 2003, a birthday gift- watched "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights," and had a dance party. It was spectacular. I loved this movie. Not only did it inspire me to learn how to dance as soon as possible but also, I realized I would happily have Diego Luna's babies. WOW! He is delicous. "Havana Nights" was much better than the original. It could be I'm partial to the Latin aspect as well as the small cultural undertones, but also, I thought the dancing was fantastic and the chemistry between the actors was smoking at a more intense level than the first "Dirty Dancing." Let's not forget I am biased, what can I say? If you are feeling saucy, definitely watch this movie. In addition to viewing the film, I listened to the soundtrack. I really enjoyed it's upbeat tempo as well as the latin and hip hop mix. I recommend it too. On a side note, I have secured myself a dance partner, which makes me very excited to learn to Rumba, Salsa, and Tango. Now, I just need to learn to wear girly shoes...

My dad always tells me I'm too independent for my own good. I am beginning to think he's right. I really should not be left to my own devices....

I cannot wait to go to South America!

20 comments:

Erin said...

Much better than the original? Rachael, Rachael, Rachael! I'm apauled!! How can this be?? I will have to finish watching this movie to see for myself, but I highly doubt that it's better than the original--a classic!!

CUPCAKE said...

You forget my dear, I am not really a fan of the 80s, and oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE latin men... I stand by my opinion here for I do not think I can be swayed! You must not have made it to the part where Diego danced? WOW and SUPER WOW! Oh and my fascination with Cuba helped a tiny bit.

Erin said...

Diego??...I thought his name was Pablo!!!!

cupcake said...

picture me shaking my head...

Whit said...

Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but I definitely thought that Erin Tebbetts Hayes and I were the ONLY people to LOVE that movie! I own it. I think I actually fell in love with the movie, AND Mr. Diego Luna. I believe I saw it twice in the theater. I'm so glad that I have found someone else who relishes in this movie! Have to share my favorite scene...when they are
dancing while watching her parents dance on the big white sheet via the projector. Yeah, I was pretty much fanning myself during that scene.

cupcake said...

I did mention I would have his babies right? I think my favorite scene was la rosa negro at the end. I really liked how everything turned out too, very realistic. What a fantastic movie!!

Katie said...

looking for a latin lover? hmmm, we've got lots of friends rach...seems a trip out to cali would serve a few purposes...

cupcake said...

Are you busy this weekend...

Anonymous said...

I have not seen this imposter dirty dancing. I'm not sure that I ever will. I don't think it could ever come close to beating the original. Of course, you like your latin men and I'm really a J.A.P. at heart.

cupcake said...

Oh wait until you see it. I promise you won't be disappointed...

charlie said...

What is with the Latin men?

cupcake said...

Do I really need to state the obvious?

Chris said...

I'm with Charlie... What's with the latin men?

Anonymous said...

J.A.P., huh.

cupcake said...

I am beginning to wonder if any of you guys know me at all...

picture me shaking my head, again

Erin said...

Wow...Dirty Dancing and the latin men have created quite a commotion here. I love it!! What's NOT to love about latin men? Bring it on Pablo!!

cupcake said...

Looks like we are watching "Y tu mamá también" tonight, woohoo :)

Erin said...

Ok, ok, so I watched the movie and it just may be my favorite movie of all time! Rachael, you are more than welcome to have his babies, I'd just like to have one night of dancing with him!! Amazing, amazing!! I'm not sure any other movie would inspire me to get up in the middle of it to go put on my high-heeled 'fun' shoes and dance around my living room. I'm fairly certain that my Friday night may need to include this same event once again. Are you in Rach?

cupcake said...

If I could only accurately describe how I just busted out laughing when I read that only to cause a commotion in the development office, "what is so funny?" Hahah. I am still laughing. I confidently believe I have a convert. YAY!

Erin said...

Off to google Diego right now. Kenny who??