Thursday, October 26, 2006

Utterly Disappointed...

Few things sting the soul like disappointment, which unfortunately, seems to be the state of things around here lately. Of course, the World Teach Program to which I applied is full, which means I will be put on the wait list at best. As you all know, all I have been talking about and thinking about for weeks now is going to Chile for the year. I have not been as excited for anything as I was to be part of this program. In an ambiguous and strange way, I felt it was something I truly needed to do - to be part of something bigger than myself. Looks like it is not going to happen. It was such a big deal for me to even apply and to become comfortable with the idea of living and teaching there for one whole year all by myself that it makes me want to cry. Once again, I remain lost in limbo. How utterly disappointing...

1 comment:

Erin said...

As cheesy as it sounds, I am a firm believer that 'things happen for a reason.' You may never truly understand what that reason is, but you were just not destined for Chile. I'm sure that better things await you due to your change in plans...carpe diem!