Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The strangest thing...

Friday night, I had the opportunity to dine with my friend Peter at his favorite Mexican restaurant in Detroit, Xochimilco. We patiently waited for our table upstairs in the lounge, which was filled with a group of men adorned with flannel shirts and helmets. One of the men was carrying around a big plastic rat. Yes, a rat. While we were trying to figure out what the hell they were doing or why they were doing it, a man yelled out, "I SMELL A RAT!" and all of a sudden, the 15 or so men fell to the ground. They just dropped like swatted flies to the bar floor. Turns out, they were some kind of rugby team from Ohio. (I think that is a strike against Ohio in the poll.) It was the strangest thing I've ever seen in a restaurant...

P.S. The food was awesome and the Voodoo juice is not for the faint of heart. Also, while the chips and salsa are fantastic, do not eat two large bags of them over the course of a weekend.

No comments: