Friday, October 27, 2006

Is this my life???

Oh my gosh I just cannot take it any more. Seriously, if I have to spend one more meaningless hour in a cubicle making spreadsheets about unimportant budgets or accounts payable for a development project, which is totally against all my morals and beliefs, I might run out of here screaming. I am so tired of self-absorbed shallow people and profit hungry narrow minded businesses. I just wasted an hour of my life in a meeting where three very reputable companies in the city were debating who is parking in their spots in the garage. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is there nothing more important to you than who parks where? GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! I want more from my life. I want more from my relationships. I want more for myself and the people I love. I refuse to live a meaningless, conceited, and vacant life. There has got to be something more than this...

When I am 80 years old rocking away with my girls drinking gin and tonics, I will NEVER look back at my life regretting anything. I will not wish I had worked less, I will not wish I had spent more time with my family and friends, I will not wish I had gone there and done that, I will not wish I said I love you, I will not look back wishing I had taken a chance, risked everything to follow a dream or do something worthwhile because starting today, things are going to change. If you only get one chance in life, I'm taking mine RIGHT NOW!!. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

quote of the day:

"fall seven times, stand up eight."

- japanese proverb

Chris said...

"I am so tired of self-absorbed shallow people and profit hungry narrow minded businesses"

Do we work for the same company?

kris said...

"I hope you burn the garage!"

Anonymous said...

YAY! The PORCH CLUB :)

cupcake said...

The "self-absorbed shallow people" and the "profit hungry narrow minded businesses" are not necessarily mutually exclusive, as I can think of a few people outside of my business world who fit the profile, but you know I always encourage expressing your feelings, even if they are gripes! However, Mr., you need to find another job! Pronto!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying not to take offense. I guess I am the lone representative of the opposing view.

Hooray for big business!

cupcake said...

I am an economist at heart, which means I am not against big business. (I happen to love the company Patagonia.) I just don't want to waste my life devoted to the almightly bottom line. I feel there is more to life. And I'd like to focus on the "more."