Thursday, October 12, 2006

I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE...

One fine day, it won't always be like this. I won't always feel like this. I will realize people are not like me. Not every one is as loving as I am. Not every one is as brave as I am. One day, my tremendous love for dead smart literary men will be helpful. I won't always have a job I do not like. My dislike for eyebrows won't matter to me. My uncomfortable blindness will not bother me. Some day, my parents won't disappoint me. I'll have a wardrobe I actually like. I'll be able to reply back in Arabic. I won't need to worry about forts. Kate will have her vineyard. One fine day, I will see most of the places I've always wanted to visit. George Bush won't always be President. I won't be addicted to the Internet. The war in Iraq will have ended. Meg, PhD and Dr. Tim will be happily saving all the children in Africa. Hopeless will no longer be part of my vocabulary. Some day, I'll be organizing quilts, rocking chairs, and drinks for the ladies on a porch that faces either a downtown or a beach. I will succeed at the grueling five hour black belt test. The total constant amazement I see in the world every day will finally make sense. Six weeks at a cooking school in Paris will make me intimate with croissants. One fine day, somebody will finally see "eye to eye." Beth will be a famous journalist. I'll be able to tell my grand children the story of how I played bingo with my great grandmother. I won't always need to see things for myself when I already know what is true. Some day, I'll realize not every one finds happiness as easily as I do. Not every one is as easy going as I am. One day, home will have an address. I will admit stating the obvious is important. Living with no regrets will pay off. Global warming will no longer be an issue. I'll own my own business. People will take the tragedies in Africa seriously. Erin will meet Kenny. Portsmouth Lovers will take on a new meaning. My sister will be a famous model. Some day, I won't always be obsessed with the Economist. I will have the courage to say no. I'll have my passport just in case. I won't always over analyze. And I won't feel like running away to become a hermit. Some day, somebody is going to surprise the hell out of me.

It won't always be like this...

4 comments:

Erin said...

Fabulous Rach...that is great. I agree and find motivation in your words...especially the words 'Erin will meet Kenny.' You better believe that will be true. And I will be right there with you helping to organize the rockers, quilts, and drinks...I am actually looking quite forward to it.

Rachael said...

YAY! the Porch Club! hahah. One fine day you'll be cursing me and making fun of the "locals." :)

Erin said...

Who me?? You think I would make fun of someone?? Why I never!!

Never Give Up said...

Someday is Right NOW Rachael, always bring your passport and the econimist with you where ever you go. Don't give up, Dont ever give in.