Monday, October 23, 2006

Homecoming Weekend

SUNDAY -

We headed downtown for brunch at Beau Monde, a creperie. While the service was questionable, the food was unbelievably yummy. I had a crepe with berries, Johanna had the fig salad, Melina had the smoked salmon crepe with veggies, and Beth had the ham, cheese, leeks, and veggie crepe with some divine red potatoes cooked to perfection. Beau Monde is definitely a delicious place for brunch.

After brunch, we reluctantly parted ways. I spent the afternoon visiting as many friends as I could. I was able to visit the family for whom I was a nanny. Of course this made me feel old. I met another friend's daughters, Ella and C.C. Then I headed back to Bethy's for dinner. I would not miss a meal at her house for anything. Of course her mom prepared a feast fit for a king, which was outstanding. For dessert, we polished off the cream puffs, had a mug of tea, and chatted briefly. Upon departing, I received an enormous doggie bag for my journey home, which was full of wonderful treats. I'm not good at the departures. It's my least favorite part of my visits, especially at my second home. Beth and her family are like my family. Their amazing generosity and hospitality are second to none. I truly feel like one of them when I visit Benjamin West. It makes me terribly sad to leave...

Despite the late hour and the long drive ahead, I made one last stop on my way out of town. I stopped in Ardmore to visit "Dan the Man." I am always happy to see my friend Dan. He is extremely funny and knows me too well. I was able to see his new chateau, which he is renovating. I give him a standing ovation on all the very awesome work he's done on the house. I feel like kind of we missed out at 121... Like old times, Dan made me cds for the ride home, played songs on the guitar, gave me advice, and playfully made fun of my friends while I filled him in on the gossip with the girls. Some of my favorite nights at Villanova were when I was out with Dan and the boys. I sincerely miss those evenings. (The cds were the highlight of the ride home, Thank you!)

When I finally made my way to the Penna Pike, I realized how lucky I am to have the friends I do. No one loves their friends more than I love mine, and I am humbly grateful for each and every one of you.

No comments: