Friday, October 06, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!

Yesterday was Lindsay's birthday. To celebrate, a group of us went to her favorite restaurant, Asmara, to dine on some fabulous Eritrean food. It was my first time eating African food, which proved to be very interesting and quite good. The honey wine was fantastic. It's homemade and is served in a little glass jar. We ordered one of each dish and a vegetarian sampler. The food was doled out on top of spongy bread and delivered altogether on a HUGE platter. The communal eating aspect with your hands might not be for everyone, but we had no problems. The beef, lamb, chicken, and veggies were tasty and well seasoned. Despite not always knowing what I was eating, it was a great meal.

After dinner and a toast to Lindsay, we headed to Cold Stone Creamery to get Lins her free cone. Everyone ordered something different and all of the treats looked, smelled, and tasted divine. I find some of the flavors too decadent but not enough to forgo a dessert.

Aside from my episode with the parking meter, the night was super awesome. I can't wait to see everyone at the Murder Mystery Dinner. I hope you had a great Birthday Lindsay!

No comments: