Sunday, October 29, 2006

Celebrating Halloween

Friday Night:

I have to admit, this is the first time I have actually gone all out in celebration of Halloween. The weekend kicked off with an apple cider and pumpkin carving party on Friday night at my friend Jean's house. Lindsay and I ventured out with a new circle of friends, which turned out to be very entertaining. After imbibing more than we should have and eating enough to onset diabetes, we walked through the neighborhood with our pumpkins fully lit. I realized how therapeutic it is to use your hands to remove the squishy insides of a pumpkin. What a fantastic gathering. Gracias, Jean!

Drink of the weekend:

Two shots of Vodka
One shot of Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps
Apple Cider

What a fantastic drink that goes down like water. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Saturday Night:

Lindsay, Andrew and I packed my car up and headed to Boston for Meg and Claudia's costume party, which was my first grown up Halloween party. We spent some time wandering the streets of Cambridge in search of food and a tablecloth, then settle in to decorate before the party started. Despite all the contraptions, lights and visual affects we bought, the best decorations were the ones Linz and I made out of construction paper (with the exception of my skeleton. It was bad.) Go figure. Once the place was prepared, we all started getting ready for the soiree - COSTUME TIME!
Everyone showed up to the plate with their costumes. Of the 30 or so people who frequented the party, not one had bad digs. Please return for the picture and a vote on who had the best outfit.

The night was full of food, drinks, good people and awesome fun. Some things never change because by the end of the night, I was playing with the music and dancing in my white dress with the "FOX". Despite being adults, it was exasperating to play dress up for a night. My thanks to Claudia and Meg for the festivities.

Don't forget to come back to vote!

Dessert of the Weekend:

Butterscotch Rice Krispy Treats - just melt butterscotch chips and add to regular rice krispies. Heaven in a square! (Warning, be prepared to eat the entire pan.)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Pictures are up.