Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend - Saturday

Visiting the Biedryzcki's house is the equivalent of being the queen at Windsor Castle. Every time I stay or visit Bethy's family, I feel like royalty. It is the epitome of spoiled rotten. The greeting alone is enough to humble Henry the 8th. I think Mrs. B is my most favorite mother of all the mothers. She sure knows how to make a girl feel like a princess. We were served the most awesome blueberry pancakes ever for breakfast (Eating is always the first priority. Nothing else matters.) Of course the entire day revolved around food. The farmer's markets are always a priority on the days they are opened. Once we recovered, we made our rounds and then headed to the movies due to the heavy rains. I'll comment on the movie later. Of course after the movie, it was time for dinner...

We headed to downtown Philadelphia for dinner at Cantina los Caballitos. It was super. The food was really good, the drinks were even better, and the ambiance was just right. I am not always impressed with Mexican Restaurants, but this one was good. The menu was not the typical three-fold jam packed listing, yet, we still had difficulty choosing. The guacamole was probably some of the best I've had (except for Johanna's of course.) My dish, ensalada, was flavorful and abundant. Beth's was even more so with pork, beans, and rice. We both had to be rolled out of the restaurant but it was worth it.

No comments: