Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend - Friday

First and foremost, I'd like to say good bye to summer. I know it's not officially over until later this month, but close enough. Sad to see the season leave, but I'm looking forward to fall.

I know you've all been dying to know how my weekend trip went so here's the scoop:

I went to the library to check out my first audiobook for entertainment during the seven hour drive. I am a skeptical person, which is the reason I have not listened to one before. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I listened to "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". I was highly entertained until the tape finished when I crossed into New Jersey. Fortunately for me, I like Latin music because that was the only thing I could stand on the radio. I danced in my car by myself until I reached the Penna Pike (I thereby began hooting and giggling with joy. It's amazing what a place can make you do.) I learned a great deal from the tapes and would consider another one in the same genre. I do not see myself delving into fiction on tape/cd. I will give the experience a good four stars. I recommend the program to any one who likes to better themselves with self-help material. What a great way to start off the weekend.

This road trip, which I've driven over 100 times, always makes me nostalgic. It is a deep nostalgia that dives past the five years I stayed there. My mind hops to people, places, and events I have not visited since they occurred. It is a very weird experience despite my knowledge of it's onslaught. It always surprises me. Luckily, my mind cleared when I reached beloved exit 13 on the blue route. I could think of only two things: Yuengling Lager and Wawa mac and cheese. First stop is always the Rosemont liquor store for a case of the best American beer. The second stop is always the Wawa in Bryn Mawr for my most favorite mac and cheese. After ecstatically gathering my goods, I headed to Justin's house for poker, tv (a HUGE tv mounted on the wall) and a good heart to heart with my best friend, Beth. It was an awesome evening back in the old stomping grounds. I did not end up playing poker because, as Laurie, Mikie and Alejandro can attest, I am not good at bluffing. I get excited about a good hand, what can I say? I still had fun and made some new friends. As I settled cozily into bed, I thought: "it was nice to be "home."

No comments: