Friday, August 11, 2006

Theme Song

For some reason, today, I feel like I need my theme song. I have always resorted to this song when I feel I might cry, throw a punch, feel a little defeated, need motivation or for whatever reason. I can hear the words going through my mind. It just comes to me...

"Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
gonna stand my ground
... and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I'll stand my ground
...and I won't back down

(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down...)
hey I will stand my ground
(I won't back down)
and I won't back down...

(I won't back down...)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(I won't back down)
hey I won't back down
(and I won't back down)
hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(and I won't back down)
hey I will stand my ground
(and I won't back down)
and I won't back down
(I won't back down)
No I won't back down..."

I did not pick this song, it picked me. Strangely enough, I have no idea why but it has been a part of me for so long now, I just cannot imagine not hearing it.

(If I knew how, I'd link the song, but I am still a newbie. Credits go to Tom Petty.)

2 comments:

sarah c said...

Rach! I am finally getting to read your lovely blog! love the theme song...i think it might be mine lately too..how are things really? miss you, love sarah

cupcake said...

Sarah, You're alive! YAY! I'll give you a ring sometime this weekend so we can catch up. I hope Colorado is treating you well. Can't wait to visit!