Thursday, August 10, 2006

My First Night at Karate

Yes, I finally made the plunge to sign up for Karate. Last night was my first night in the dojo. I wore a gi and bowed to my Sensei. I also learned the eight point blocks, three kinds of kicks, the correct position to hold your hands in a fight, as well as stances and cranes. It was wonderful. I loved every minute of it. I can't wait until the next class. The focus and physical prowess necessary for the martial art are tremendous. Fortunately, I am athletic and surprisingly, my tennis skills come in very handy. Standing on the balls of my feet is not difficult and the blocks are a lot like tennis strokes. My friend, Brad, has agreed to fight with me after a few months of class. I think I might have a chance...

Did I mention I can't walk today?

No comments: