Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mrs. Robinson times two

My roommate and I don't get out much, which is evident in our most recent dinner conversations: pubescent red headed boys on whom we have crushes. Yes, very disturbing.

Last night at karate, we worked on grab and choke holds. The Sensei took pity on me by giving me a new yuki with whom to work. Most of the time, I have to practice with this 50 year old man I think I could take down without the karate (We are both beginners, therefore, same belt and easy to teach as a duo). But last night I had the opportunity to work with a nice orange belt who happens to be a fifteen year old red headed boy. I couldn't stop laughing the entire time I was practicing my combinations. For this combo, some one tries to grab you from behind. You can imagine this poor boy's dismay when I tried to grab his arms from behind while laughing hysterically. At least he smelt lovely. Meanwhile, I am trying not to hit him in the crotch while practicing on my turns. This would have been HIGHLY entertaining for anyone who knows me outside of class. I was extremely distracted for the first time while in the dojo. Usually, I am very serious and focused, but he just smelt so nice, and I love it when boys smell nice. I could not stop laughing. I am hoping Saturday's class goes better.

My roommate (aloha Erin) has a different story. She happens to be the BOSS of her red headed crush. They have a tendency to give each other a difficult time on the mobile or to occasionally drunk dial each other about work related gossip. I get the impression he is not as innocent as my friend is, however, just as entertaining.

I think we need to get out more...

No comments: