Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's called LETTING GO...


It became overwhelmingly apparent to me today I have a few bad habits I need to quit RIGHT NOW. I am not sure how to go about it though. Some of these habits are so ingrained in my psyche, I fear I might not be able to let go. Others, I just need to quit cold turkey and never look back. To name a few impersonal ones:

Bad habit #1: Being Late EVERYWHERE. I know it's in my last name, but it needs to stop. Being at work at 8 does not mean leaving at 8.

Bad habit #2: Attempting to do TOO much. It overwhelms the perfectionist in me and brings out the fierce procrastinator. I don't like it.

Bad habit #3: The candy jar. It gives me a stomach ache, yet I continue to reach deep down into it almost everyday. No more.

I'll keep the remaining four to myself for personal reasons, however, I am going to track my progress here. I guess it's the equivalent of gold stars...

The magic eight squish on my desk reads: "Without a doubt". There is hope for me after all.



"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
-Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you find out how to stop #2, please let me know. I'd be curious.

cupcake said...

Just say NO. Do not feel obligated to do anything you do not wholeheartedly want to do. Life is too short to waste time doing things you don't want to do. That is how I'm dealing with it at the moment anyway. Once you focus on a few things you love and enjoy doing, it becomes easier.

Anonymous said...

My problem is that I want to wholeheartedly do all of the useless things I find myself filling my schedule with. So I guess I'll have to keep looking for a way out. Thanks.

cupcake said...

Quit school and work. Is that better?