Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's amazing what a bedroom and a closet will do for your morale....

It's official, I am no longer homeless, for the moment. I was beginning to worry my life would be plagued forever by constant uncertainty, which was embellishing my fear of commitment at an alarming rate. (I can commit to people, just nothing else). I've moved from the realm of constant uncertainty to temporary certainty, but everyone who knows me, knows it won't last. Therefore, I will bask in the wonderful comfort of my "bedroom," which is fully equipped with a closet, until things change again. I have not had a closet since 2002 about which I am absolutely and sadly serious. Since June, I've stayed in seven different places. I have mastered the art of changing in a parking garage. I can't decide if that embarrasses me or makes me proud. I was showering at the Hilton and my car started to resemble a closet. I purchased a cooler because I was so uncertain about where I'd be every night that I wanted to at least have options about food (shockingly, eating out every night is not that exciting. Nothing beats a nice bowl of honey nut cheerios with some delicious blueberries and raspberries.) My plight became a game I started to enjoy. It was the only chance I had to be creative during the day. But now that it's over, I have to admit it's nice to have a place to put Mr. Matthews, my hugs & kisses jar, and my "to read" pile.

No comments: