Monday, July 31, 2006

My thoughts on boredom...

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like he or she might die from boredom most week days? I do not, in anyway, want to spend the rest of my life wondering when I might find a career or job that will entertain me. I'm working on that one. But in the meantime, I've resorted to the common solution. Any one who knows me personally would be a little shocked at my acquiescing to technology for entertainment. I used to have plenty of people to keep me company during the day chatting while I made my spreadsheets. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I no longer have the luxury anymore. Therefore, I've decided to create my own entertainment. I am open for suggestions on how to ward off boredom in the workplace... Please share your ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the first sign of the apocalypse when you start blogging?

I'm sure this goes against more than one of your principles and ideals.

cupcake said...

It was either start a blog or download video poker. I felt this would be more discrete and less addicting. As far as my prnciples and ideals..well, I've almost deleted this blog 10 times because I don't know how to use it and I'm certain no one really reads the posts. Then Voila! a reader.